Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The Cave of Bears

First time I ever had contact with The Cave of Bears was when I was around 12 and I was going there in a school trip with my classmates. Maybe I was not able to admire the formations of stalactites and stalagmites which united the ceiling of the cave with it`s floor or the beautiful animal fossils which disappeared long before I was born but i can still remember the chills and the coldness of the cave breathe. Some history to begin with: the cave was discovered by accident in 1975 and consists in galleries located on two levels, with a length of over  1,500 m. Is situated in the heart of Apuseni Mountains near the Bihor county. The upper floor is open for tourists and is a breath taking journey trough corridors scattered with wild animals bones and petrified water columns. Now, at the peak of my youth I look upon this cave and I can not get rid of the feeling that the water drops that even now pour from it`s ceilings are the tears of our nation that is still tearing it`s uniqueness.

More Info !